CBD FOR MENTAL HEALTH
Mental health is something almost everyone struggles with. A lot of the time, what you see on the outside does not reflect what is happening on the inside. As most people with mental health disorders know, a lot of the medications we are given have extreme side effects. A great healthy alternative is CBD! CBD has been proven to greatly help mental health illnesses, such as anxiety and depression, as it interacts with the CB1 and CB2 receptors in the brain and body throughout the central and peripheral nervous system. Here are some facts and helpful tips about CBD and mental health!
- A 2015 study published in Neurotherapeutics analyzed the use of CBD for anxiety and found that CBD was effective for a number of anxiety conditions including OCD, PTSD, Social anxiety, and general anxiety.
- In a 2011 study, researchers studied the effects of CBD on people with SAD. Participants were given an oral dose of 400 milligrams (mg) of CBD. Those who received CBD experienced overall reduced anxiety levels.
- In the February of 2019 issue of “Brazilian Journal of Psychiatry,” a study found that CBD was useful for helping with social anxiety associated with public speaking. The researchers gave subjects doses of CBD prior to a public speaking challenge. The study showed that 300 milligrams helped alleviate anxiety-related symptoms.
- Experts say that CBD’s benefits for depression are related to its positive effect on serotonin receptors in the brain. Serotonin impacts many parts of the body, including emotional state and feelings of happiness. Keeping serotonin levels balanced can often be a key therapy for those who struggle with depression.
- In 2018, a study was conducted to see whether CBD could show results quicker than antidepressants. After a single dose, effects were observed within 30 minutes and the researchers concluded that CBD can be used as a fast-acting antidepressant treatment option.
- Dr. Bonni Goldstein, medical director of Canna-Centers in California and a subject matter adviser for Weedmaps, said she knows of anecdotes of people who said they used CBD to treat depression. “For example, one middle-aged man who found the side effects of antidepressants to be intolerable... started using low doses of a 4:1 CBD:THC tincture. He self-reported a 90% improvement of his depression symptoms with no side effects,” she said.
♥ Remember, you are not alone. Mental health struggles are incredibly common. Seeking help is okay! ♥